The Optex CX-502 is a commercial-grade, indoor passive infra-red (PIR) detector for use in mostly commercial intrusion applications.
The CX-502 Series is designed to give extremely stable detection performance in a variety of commercial applications. With patented Quad Zone Logic, sensitivity is maintained through the entire coverage area, even in high temperature areas or in applications with low temperature contrast. Combined with Double Conductive Shielding and Temperature Compensation, a high level of false alarm protection is guaranteed.
Quad Zone Logic
The highly accurate and reliable detection pattern will maintain its sensitivity through the entire detection area even in high temperature or low contrast environments. Quad Zone Logic creates an extremely high vertical zone density, two or three times the size of conventional PIRs. These taller zones capture the entire body mass and enable detection of even the smallest temperature contrast against the temperature of the background. In addition, the vertical detection density has been improved to take into account dead zones created by furniture or partitions.
- Advanced Temperature Compensation - Temperature Compensation will increase detection capability under high temperature conditions where the background temperature is similar to that of the human body. It maintains a high level of false alarm protection while providing accurate detection by automatically adjusting its sensitivity according to the environmental temperature.
- Sealed Optics - Prevents drafts and small insects from getting onto the Pyroelectric element. This practically eliminates the chance of false alarm due to these causes since the Pyro is sealed with the inside molding of the housing cover.
- Selectable Sensitivity (High, Medium, Low)
- Selectable Pulse Count (Standard or Special)
- LED On/Off Switch
- Stream Lined Offset Spherical Lens
- Durable & Additional PCB Protection Cover
False Alarm Protection
- Double Conductive Shielding of the Pyroelectric Element - Double filtering and conductive metal shielding of the Pyro block out visible light and RFI, allowing only infra-red energy to reach the pyroelectric elements.
- RFI Protection - No alarm from a field strength of 30V/m within the range of 144 to 1,200 MHz
- Temperature Protection - No alarm in high, low and changing temperatures from -4 F to +122 F (-20 C to +50 C)
- Visible Light Protection
Other Outstanding Features
- Easy Installation - Easy wiring knockout and easy-to-view LED help you to install the unit more simply
- Low Current Draw - Drastic energy consumption reduction compared with conventional models. CX-502: 5mA.
- Anti-Magnet - By employing the Photoelectric MOS Relay, the CX-502 series is not affected by magnetized materials
- Silent Relay